Return to CryptoMoms.com
Welcome, Guest!!

Looking for our CRISP for Kids program? Click here!

Author Topic: DNotes 3rd Birthday  (Read 1274 times)

Shepherd

• View Profile
Re: DNotes 3rd Birthday
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2017, 02:43:32 PM »

DNotes 3rd Birthday

DNotes was launched on February 16, 2014, and to celebrate its 3rd birthday, we will be re-opening the Bitcointalk thread from February 16th - 19th. This will give everyone a chance to catch up and ask any questions they may have about our plans going forward.

Please drop in at the DNotes thread on Bitcointalk from February 16th to 19th to say hello, and to see how DNotes is differentiating itself from the rest of the industry.

:)   :)   :)

"If  DNotes were to succeed as the digital currency of the future with lasting value it has to take a very different path to reach that mountain top. It must build a solid foundation, block by block, systematically, while executing its strategic plans at the most opportune time which may often conflict with that of speculators."
Bitcointalk: March 8th, 2014 - Alan Yong, DNotes co-founder

Thank you everyone for visiting us with your best wishes. Today is the last day to visit us at DNotes BitcoinTalk Forum. To make the best use of our time we will only be posting on CrytoMoms until later this year. Most likely a new forum will be launched at that time with many new updates. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470155.new#new

RJF

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2017, 07:21:04 PM »

DNotes 3rd Birthday

DNotes was launched on February 16, 2014, and to celebrate its 3rd birthday, we will be re-opening the Bitcointalk thread from February 16th - 19th. This will give everyone a chance to catch up and ask any questions they may have about our plans going forward.

Please drop in at the DNotes thread on Bitcointalk from February 16th to 19th to say hello, and to see how DNotes is differentiating itself from the rest of the industry.

"If  DNotes were to succeed as the digital currency of the future with lasting value it has to take a very different path to reach that mountain top. It must build a solid foundation, block by block, systematically, while executing its strategic plans at the most opportune time which may often conflict with that of speculators."

Wow! Did I say that just 20 days after DNotes was launched? What we have accomplished over the last three years have been amazingly consistent with that statement. This shows that we have a very clear vision for DNotes as articulated over the last three years, not simply by way of blog posts but also by other actions, including the creation of our ecosystems. We always take our time to do the right at the right time irrespective of the market value of DNotes. When things are done the right way, we will be most effective in creating value for our long term stakeholders.

Come join us at DNotes BitcoinTalkForm between February 16 to February 19 to celebrate DNotes 3rd birthday.

Sorry I missed the B'Day party on BCT, would have posted for sure. A belated Happy Birthday and, please let me know when to expect the new currency launch!

All the best...

DNotes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2017, 03:40:17 AM »

DNotes 3rd Birthday

Wow! Did I say that just 20 days after DNotes was launched? What we have accomplished over the last three years have been amazingly consistent with that statement. This shows that we have a very clear vision for DNotes as articulated over the last three years, not simply by way of blog posts but also by other actions, including the creation of our ecosystems. We always take our time to do the right at the right time irrespective of the market value of DNotes. When things are done the right way, we will be most effective in creating value for our long term stakeholders.

Come join us at DNotes BitcoinTalkForm between February 16 to February 19 to celebrate DNotes 3rd birthday.

Sorry I missed the B'Day party on BCT, would have posted for sure. A belated Happy Birthday and, please let me know when to expect the new currency launch!

All the best...

Thanks RJF! Good to see you, I trust all is well?

Shepherd

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2017, 12:49:52 PM »

DNotes 3rd Birthday

All the best...

Good to see you, RJF. Hope you are doing well. We are adding a lot to the DNotes' foundation we have been building over the last three years. It has been keeping us very busy with a lot to be excited about. Keep in touch.

wiser

• Will write for DNotes
    • View Profile
    • Creative Currencies
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2017, 04:17:20 AM »
Happy Birthday, DNotes! A little belated. I'm still around :)

I noticed there is no March 1 interest payment on the DNotes Vault retirement accounts. Any particular reason?
Want to know what's going on in my little corner of the Cryptosphere? Check out my blog: Creative Currencies  Latest post: I can do it better with Bitcoin... or at least smaller

Shepherd

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2017, 05:51:20 AM »
Happy Birthday, DNotes! A little belated. I'm still around :)

I noticed there is no March 1 interest payment on the DNotes Vault retirement accounts. Any particular reason?

Good to see you, Wiser. It has been a while. Hope everything is fine and that you and your family are doing well.

Regarding the bonus interest for retirement accounts at DNotesVault the one million DNotes our stakeholders donated has been used up. That was the limit - (see press release below)

"With any long term DNotes deposit commitment of 5, 10, 15, or 20 year duration, individuals will receive a 100% deposit guarantee, up to 12% yearly interest bonus on their deposit with 1 million DNotes limit on the bonus interest offered." http://finance.yahoo.com/news/dnotes-digital-currency-retirement-savings-032800708.html

We have been working on a major upgrade to the DNotes blockchain. One of the features on our wish list is to reward all our long-term stakeholders, especially DNotesVault account holders, with a small distribution every thirty days. Along with a number of other features this is major project that will take a serious amount of time to complete.

wiser

• Will write for DNotes
    • View Profile
    • Creative Currencies
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2017, 03:21:18 PM »
I see. I think I remember reading that. Back then a million DNotes seemed like so much :)

Would the block chain upgrade include a proof of stake component? That would be a good way to reward stakeholders, especially if the DNotes vault would be run that way (for those who don't want to run their own POS wallets). I know how to run proof of stake wallets and have had success with other coins. There are even ways to set up different POS rates right in the wallet code, so you could keep the original "retirement" percentage rates.

Shepherd

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2017, 03:59:59 PM »
I see. I think I remember reading that. Back then a million DNotes seemed like so much :)

Would the block chain upgrade include a proof of stake component? That would be a good way to reward stakeholders, especially if the DNotes vault would be run that way (for those who don't want to run their own POS wallets). I know how to run proof of stake wallets and have had success with other coins. There are even ways to set up different POS rates right in the wallet code, so you could keep the original "retirement" percentage rates.

We thought that a million DNotes was a lot too, but the retirement program became very popular and used up the donation faster than we anticipated. DNotes 2.0 will be either a hybrid POS/POW or POS coin with other features only to be disclosed close to the time of launch. We have waited for the technology to become more settled and mature. Consistent with our philosophy of being "equal to or better" in everything we participate in, we want to ensure that DNotes 2.0 will take us to a high level of differentiation and superiority. Great timing is an important factor in business success; as much as a clear vision and excellent strategic positioning. We got that and more.

* Share Topic

Share via twitter