Return to CryptoMoms.com
Welcome, Guest!!

Looking for our CRISP for Kids program? Click here!

Author Topic: DNotesVault  (Read 1047 times)

DNotes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
DNotesVault
« on: July 02, 2016, 02:21:14 AM »
All,

Just an FYI if you had any problems accessing DNotesVault today there were some minor issues with one of the service providers we use.

mrbum804

• View Profile
Re: DNotesVault
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 11:48:10 PM »
Hi again! i know you guys are working away on various projects and no need to even respond. Just throwing this out there.. Something that would be soo cool someday would be able to purchase dnotes directly from dnotesvault and have them deposited right into your account. But i do realize there's a time and a place and im sure this definitely is not the time and that you guys have probably already thought/looked into it. Just something that i personally think would be awesome because it would really simplify buying and in turn storing them without the risk of dealing with exchanges.

i guess that idea would be difficult to figure in with exchange rates. I imagine it would have to be linked with an exchange or turn dnotesvault into a kind of exchange like coinbase. I don't know where/how the coins would have to be stored on your end to do this. i don't even know how coinbase works with Etherium.

The day maybe it is possible however, it seems like it could be a good way for dnotes organization to turn small profit in a similar way to how coinbase works. Because its simple, safe, and reliable it would be worth it for an investor to utilize (even if it means paying more than with the exchange), if dnotes can make it worth it for Yourself. If somehow you could operate it in the same/similar manner as coinbase.

I wanted to buy all my birthday gifts to people in Dnotes now while its cheap and with any luck when it comes time for there birthdays it may be worth a little more while kind of having a story behind them (im not forking over any of my coins). The process would be easier but its obviously do able without so no worries. Just hoping for it someday when your as big as google  :D

oh one other quick thought if you did do all that it may be nice to store bitcoin itself in the vauit as well even if its not backed up. Then you could buy dnotes that way as well right off the dnotesvault itself. it may draw in a little more attention as well to be that versatile.

I know all this is like building a whole new component with more legality crap  and probably not on the agenda just pointing out ideas. 

« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 12:04:41 AM by mrbum804 »

Shepherd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 05:57:57 AM »
Hi again! i know you guys are working away on various projects and no need to even respond. Just throwing this out there.. Something that would be soo cool someday would be able to purchase dnotes directly from dnotesvault and have them deposited right into your account. But i do realize there's a time and a place and im sure this definitely is not the time and that you guys have probably already thought/looked into it. Just something that i personally think would be awesome because it would really simplify buying and in turn storing them without the risk of dealing with exchanges.

i guess that idea would be difficult to figure in with exchange rates. I imagine it would have to be linked with an exchange or turn dnotesvault into a kind of exchange like coinbase. I don't know where/how the coins would have to be stored on your end to do this. i don't even know how coinbase works with Etherium.

The day maybe it is possible however, it seems like it could be a good way for dnotes organization to turn small profit in a similar way to how coinbase works. Because its simple, safe, and reliable it would be worth it for an investor to utilize (even if it means paying more than with the exchange), if dnotes can make it worth it for Yourself. If somehow you could operate it in the same/similar manner as coinbase.

I wanted to buy all my birthday gifts to people in Dnotes now while its cheap and with any luck when it comes time for there birthdays it may be worth a little more while kind of having a story behind them (im not forking over any of my coins). The process would be easier but its obviously do able without so no worries. Just hoping for it someday when your as big as google  :D

oh one other quick thought if you did do all that it may be nice to store bitcoin itself in the vauit as well even if its not backed up. Then you could buy dnotes that way as well right off the dnotesvault itself. it may draw in a little more attention as well to be that versatile.

I know all this is like building a whole new component with more legality crap  and probably not on the agenda just pointing out ideas.

Thank you for your contributions and great support, mrbum804. DNotesVault is designed to serve many functions; including much of what you described and a lot more. However, quite a few things must take place before that; including meeting certain regulatory requirements. At the appropriate time, DNotesVault will operate as a for profit business with revenue from its products and services.

Our top priority at this point is to focus on drastically upgrading our underpinning technology the DNotes blockchain. Various options are being investigated. This is still an early stage technology. As a consequence, there are still many technical and practical challenges with different trade-offs. And they all need to be carefully evaluated.  Among them should DNotes remain as proof-of-work or change to proof-of-stake; or a hybrid? Undoubtedly, there are many remaining issues of concern.

Ideally, if we switch over to POS we like to see that all of our long-term stakeholders benefit from it.  The challenge is ensuring top security, robust network, and ease of use/participation. We don't take anything lightly and it will be a busy year for us.

mrbum804

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 11:26:15 PM »

Thank you for your contributions and great support, mrbum804. DNotesVault is designed to serve many functions; including much of what you described and a lot more. However, quite a few things must take place before that; including meeting certain regulatory requirements. At the appropriate time, DNotesVault will operate as a for profit business with revenue from its products and services.

Our top priority at this point is to focus on drastically upgrading our underpinning technology the DNotes blockchain. Various options are being investigated. This is still an early stage technology. As a consequence, there are still many technical and practical challenges with different trade-offs. And they all need to be carefully evaluated.  Among them should DNotes remain as proof-of-work or change to proof-of-stake; or a hybrid? Undoubtedly, there are many remaining issues of concern.

Ideally, if we switch over to POS we like to see that all of our long-term stakeholders benefit from it.  The challenge is ensuring top security, robust network, and ease of use/participation. We don't take anything lightly and it will be a busy year for us.

Right on.. Sounds great to me. Yes I'm glade to contribute any way I can. I Try to help point out things that i see, as an average community member from time to time. I just hope I'm not creating busy work having you guys feel like you have to create a response back to me in cases like this. I realize you guys have a lot on your plate by the amount you guys have explained in the past. You always amaze me with the very descriptive responses. 

BrandonC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 12:29:45 AM »

Right on.. Sounds great to me. Yes I'm glade to contribute any way I can. I Try to help point out things that i see, as an average community member from time to time. I just hope I'm not creating busy work having you guys feel like you have to create a response back to me in cases like this. I realize you guys have a lot on your plate by the amount you guys have explained in the past. You always amaze me with the very descriptive responses.

You're not alone on that one, sometimes I think the exact same thing! The guys at DNotes have a very reputable business track record and sometimes it can be kind of intimidating. But it's best not to be apprehensive when you feel something needs to be said or done. Like the old saying goes, "it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission"

Shepherd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 03:19:16 AM »

You're not alone on that one, sometimes I think the exact same thing! The guys at DNotes have a very reputable business track record and sometimes it can be kind of intimidating. But it's best not to be apprehensive when you feel something needs to be said or done. Like the old saying goes, "it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission"

Thanks, you guys are very kind.

mrbum804

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 06:35:22 PM »
Hi again.. I have a question about the retirement program. I see the bonus balance has been used up and is now negative, I was under the impression once the fund is up there's no more.. does that mean we are still receiving interest and if so how long is that going to last? or is that something you guys are working out right now to try to keep running (like a way to turn profit to support the fund in the future possibly.. that would be awesome!)?

Also random question. Back late 2015 I set my sister up with a account with a f2a and they did not enter there personal information. They got rid of their phone and lost the app and no longer can sign in. Do you know if there is a way to recover the authenticator app or recover the account itself. This may be a better question to directly message through the vault just thought id ask.

Thanks guys! still cant wait to see whats ahead ;D, looks like others are also on the edge of there seat as well!

DNotes

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 07:03:27 PM »
Hi again.. I have a question about the retirement program. I see the bonus balance has been used up and is now negative, I was under the impression once the fund is up there's no more.. does that mean we are still receiving interest and if so how long is that going to last? or is that something you guys are working out right now to try to keep running (like a way to turn profit to support the fund in the future possibly.. that would be awesome!)?

Also random question. Back late 2015 I set my sister up with a account with a f2a and they did not enter there personal information. They got rid of their phone and lost the app and no longer can sign in. Do you know if there is a way to recover the authenticator app or recover the account itself. This may be a better question to directly message through the vault just thought id ask.

Thanks guys! still cant wait to see whats ahead ;D, looks like others are also on the edge of there seat as well!

Hi mrbum804,

Alan will be responding to the retirement fund balance later today. He just got back from a 3 day trip meeting with Tim to discuss some of our upcoming plans.

On the 2FA, absolutely! All he needs to do is email me at contact@dnotescoin.com or contact@dnotesvault.com, and I will confirm his identity and update his 2FA in the DNotesVault for him.

Shepherd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 08:32:45 PM »

Hi mrbum804,

Alan will be responding to the retirement fund balance later today. He just got back from a 3 day trip meeting with Tim to discuss some of our upcoming plans.

On the 2FA, absolutely! All he needs to do is email me at contact@dnotescoin.com or contact@dnotesvault.com, and I will confirm his identity and update his 2FA in the DNotesVault for him.

Thanks, Joe. I will be busy most part of today but will have an interesting post late tonight.

mrbum804

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2017, 10:45:59 PM »

Hi mrbum804,

Thanks, Joe. I will be busy most part of today but will have an interesting post late tonight.

Okay great! Ill let her know

Yes that would be awesome if Alan wants to explain that. I dont need a response right now. I was just getting curious and never saw anything about it anywhere. I know you guys are busy. I however may not be the only one wondering.

Thankyou

Shepherd

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2017, 04:44:06 AM »

Hi mrbum804,

Yes that would be awesome if Alan wants to explain that. I dont need a response right now. I was just getting curious and never saw anything about it anywhere. I know you guys are busy. I however may not be the only one wondering.

Thankyou

The 1,000,000 DNotes retirement bonus was a one time donation from a few major DNotes stakeholders who purchased every one of the DNotes from the open market. So, when they are gone they are gone, unless someone comes up with another donation not likely in my opinion. CRISP For Retirement turned out to be more popular than originally expected and, as such, used up the donation relatively quickly.

We are working diligently to upgrade the DNotes blockchain to be a hybrid Proof-Of-Work/Proof-Of-Stake digital currency. A hybrid system of PoS working alongside of PoW will enhance our security posture. In essence, stake-sub blocks extend PoW blocks to confirm or reject their validity. Those who signed up to participate in staking their coins are rewarded for supporting the network.

There are benefits and challenges. It is quite complex and not everyone can participate. Additionally, a fixed rate reward is technically nearly impossible to achieve. For all practical purposes and claims, PoS coins are challenging for the average stakeholders to participate. We are working to make our PoS system as user friendly as possible and believe that DNotesVault is a unique advantage we have in the ecosystems we have already built. This will benefit all our account holders who want to participate in staking, including our family of CRISPs.

DNotes was first launched on February 18, 2014. There will be a press release in celebration of our 3  year old birthday. We are thinking of opening the DNotes Bitcointalk forum for a few days to let everyone catch up and celebrate with us. What amazes me most is that our vision from the day of launch has remained very much the same; with very little changes.

This will be a very exciting year for DNotes with substantial advances in various fronts. DNotes has been positioning itself to execute some big bold plans of global scale. DNotes Global, Inc. is among the various components that will play a vital role. For that matter every block is strategically linked and will contribute to the accomplishment of our vision. Ultimately, DNotes will become a trusted global digital currency - as a supplement to fiat currencies. It will include our own exchange, bank, partner banks, global payment network, multi-currency cards and various business ventures. The ability to integrate all the different blocks is among our unique strengths; making it difficult for others to replicate what we are doing.

It was a delight for me to finally meet TeeGee (Tim) in person. He is very excited to assist us in various areas with focus in blockchain related technologies and business opportunities. I am looking forward to working with him closely.

Stay tuned for more .

mrbum804

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 06:05:41 AM »

Hi mrbum804,

Thankyou

The 1,000,000 DNotes retirement bonus was a one time donation from a few major DNotes stakeholders who purchased every one of the DNotes from the open market. So, when they are gone they are gone, unless someone comes up with another donation not likely in my opinion. CRISP For Retirement turned out to be more popular than originally expected and, as such, used up the donation relatively quickly.

We are working diligently to upgrade the DNotes blockchain to be a hybrid Proof-Of-Work/Proof-Of-Stake digital currency. A hybrid system of PoS working alongside of PoW will enhance our security posture. In essence, stake-sub blocks extend PoW blocks to confirm or reject their validity. Those who signed up to participate in staking their coins are rewarded for supporting the network.

There are benefits and challenges. It is quite complex and not everyone can participate. Additionally, a fixed rate reward is technically nearly impossible to achieve. For all practical purposes and claims, PoS coins are challenging for the average stakeholders to participate. We are working to make our PoS system as user friendly as possible and believe that DNotesVault is a unique advantage we have in the ecosystems we have already built. This will benefit all our account holders who want to participate in staking, including our family of CRISPs.

DNotes was first launched on February 18, 2014. There will be a press release in celebration of our 3  year old birthday. We are thinking of opening the DNotes Bitcointalk forum for a few days to let everyone catch up and celebrate with us. What amazes me most is that our vision from the day of launch has remained very much the same; with very little changes.

This will be a very exciting year for DNotes with substantial advances in various fronts. DNotes has been positioning itself to execute some big bold plans of global scale. DNotes Global, Inc. is among the various components that will play a vital role. For that matter every block is strategically linked and will contribute to the accomplishment of our vision. Ultimately, DNotes will become a trusted global digital currency - as a supplement to fiat currencies. It will include our own exchange, bank, partner banks, global payment network, multi-currency cards and various business ventures. The ability to integrate all the different blocks is among our unique strengths; making it difficult for others to replicate what we are doing.

It was a delight for me to finally meet TeeGee (Tim) in person. He is very excited to assist us in various areas with focus in blockchain related technologies and business opportunities. I am looking forward to working with him closely.

Stay tuned for more .

Alan you never cease to amaze me with you very descriptive responses. I do agree it is very complex much of which I do not understand even though I try. I guess I thought the retirement balance was used up already and was a little confused on it. Thankyou for explaining. I never did actually understand staking a coin however never got into mining a coin and maybe thats why, sounds like that area.. I'm glade you had a great meeting with tee gee I know he has been a part of the community (or team) for a long while. I remember him as part of the community since i started following may 2014. I'm really stoked to hear what you have in store for the vault and am excited for the years to come and will stay tuned!

Shepherd

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2017, 02:59:36 PM »

Hi mrbum804,

Thankyou

Stay tuned for more .

Alan you never cease to amaze me with you very descriptive responses. I do agree it is very complex much of which I do not understand even though I try. I guess I thought the retirement balance was used up already and was a little confused on it. Thankyou for explaining. I never did actually understand staking a coin however never got into mining a coin and maybe thats why, sounds like that area.. I'm glade you had a great meeting with tee gee I know he has been a part of the community (or team) for a long while. I remember him as part of the community since i started following may 2014. I'm really stoked to hear what you have in store for the vault and am excited for the years to come and will stay tuned!

Thank you, mrbum804.

Our industry has a tendency to interact with the world differently. In my opinion, its total dependence and over emphasis on decentralization without a bridge to the centralized real world creates many barriers and traps -  preventing mass acceptance of digital currency anytime soon.

Without a doubt, the creation of digital currency using peer-to-peer decentralized ledger and consensus system is ingenious. This fundamentally changed the future of money - making it absolutely possible for a digital currency like DNotes to meet and exceed the full functions of money - as a unit of account, store of value, and medium of exchange. It may take generations but DNotes is positioned to be superior to fiat currency one day.  Today, it is common for money (fiat currency) to be created out of "thin air" with crushing consequences as in the case of Venezuela and Greece. Economic activities came to a sudden stop with many citizens loosing their entire savings overnight. Decentralized governance and decentralized creation of digital currency is vastly superior and vital to DNotes' success. That is our core believe.

However, whether we like it or not - we live in a vastly centralized world. It thrives on efficiency, large scale participation, and well coordinated collaborative efforts, among many others. For DNotes to gain mass acceptance one day, we must build an ecosystem that can effectively bridge the gap between the centralized world and the decentralized world. It must be done in a large global scale and designed for everyone world to participate. To accomplish that - many problems must be solved. We have been spending countless hours to identify and solve problems as the technology evolves and finally becomes more matured and settled.

DNotes Global Inc. is our bridge. With the new DNotes blockchain a second digital currency will be created for funding and other purposes. Once DNotes Global is firmly established, expect it to grow rapidly with mergers and acquisitions along its path. Perhaps within ten years, DNotes Global will be a publicly traded company. That is our long term vision with little changes since the day DNotes was launched. This will be a very exciting year for us. I will share what we can at the appropriate time.

wiser

• Will write for DNotes
    • View Profile
    • Creative Currencies
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2017, 03:38:45 PM »
Catching up with this thread (and hopefully several others).

I totally support a hybrid POS/POW system. POW only favors those who are tech savvy or have resources to pay those who are. I did POW mining for about a year until it got more expensive. Maybe someday I'll manage to build solar panels and then fire up my old rigs. POS, on the other hand, is *perfect* for me. I know how to download and install a wallet and I can troublshoot most issues (and the good coins have communities willing to help with that). Then after that, it's a simple matter of running my computer, which I do anyway. Combining the two means there is something for both types--the miners and the people who like to run computers with open wallets--and as you mention, it has better security.

Still buying DNotes when I can. Long term investment, but I think it will be worth it.
Want to know what's going on in my little corner of the Cryptosphere? Check out my blog: Creative Currencies  Latest post: I can do it better with Bitcoin... or at least smaller

* Share Topic

Share via twitter