Return to CryptoMoms.com
Welcome, Guest!!

Looking for our CRISP for Kids program? Click here!

Author Topic: Could I retire on faucets?  (Read 50633 times)

Chase

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Could I retire on faucets?
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2015, 12:47:01 AM »
This morning I worked up a spreadsheet to help me project what my faucet "retirement" account will look like once I can access the funds. Go ahead and open it. The rest of this post will make more sense if you can look at the spreadsheet.

The logic of the spreadsheet is as follows:

Twenty years can be divided up into 240 months. Each month the balance of the account earns interest of one percent. Another way to say this is that the balance gets multiplied by 1.01 each month. Each week I add a lump sum of all the DNotes I've gained from faucets in the previous week. Each lump sum of DNOtes is entered at the top of a "week" column. You can see the impact of monthly compounding interest by following that particular sum all the way to the bottom.

My very first lump sum of around 35 DNotes got put in at Month one, because I opened the account the same day I made the deposit. However, I opened up the account close to the end of the month, so it got paid interest right away. My second lump sum of around 52 DNotes got put in at Month two, because it will only get paid interest 239 times. Once interest gets paid on everything at the end of May, then every new lump sum will need to be entered at Month three. Over the years I'll lose some of the compounding value for new amounts.

To keep things simple I am not counting any of the earnings coming directly from DNotes faucets in this projection, because payouts could be multiple times a day depending on how aggressively I'm visiting the faucet. However, I did include one drip from the MultiFaucet (0.11 NOTE) just so I could see the impact of that one drip. I had to start this one on month two since I discovered the faucet after the first month's interest had been paid. However, I included the total it would have on Month 241 so you can see what the impact will be if you start your faucet collecting in month 1. The verdict is that at the end of 20 years, that drip of 0.11 NOTE will grow into 1.17 NOTE, a more than ten-fold increase. This will be true for each drip I collect from that faucet through the end of this month. Basically, whatever I add to my account this month is going to be worth over ten times the amount when I can access the funds :)

Once I set up my spreadsheet the way I wanted to, I went ahead and set up three more pages to simulate what my earnings would be in a 15 year, 10 year, and 5 year "retirement" account in the DNotes vault. At the beginning I could have just as easily opted for any one of those accounts. The interest rates are different for each account and I took that into account.

The most interesting number in my opinion is the running projected total towards the top which is in blue and is currently 944.14 NOTE. This tells me what my entire account will be worth at the end of its term if I were to stop with the deposits I've made so far. Again, it won't include any earnings or accumulation from faucets paying out directly in DNotes (other than that one drip I included). You can see how that number changes using the same deposits on the shorter term "retirement" accounts. Of course, the really big unknown is what DNotes will be "worth" in terms of US Dollars or other national currencies as well as what we understand today what US Dollars (and other national currencies) can buy. Having over 900 DNotes from faucets at the end of 20 years may represent substantial wealth, or it may not.

You can view the spreadsheet here. I hope you will find it a useful guide in determining if this is an experiment you'd like to do for yourself, and if so, which type of vault "retirement" account you should use. Note that at this time my faucet visiting is very aggressive. Your account's performance is going to depend on how much you are actually able to put into it, especially at the beginning. If you'd like a template in which you can fill out your own numbers, message me with an email address and I'll send you the original excel file.

Awesome job wiser!!  This represents something very important that a lot of people dismiss.  No matter what your budget is, it is possible to establish a healthy savings by routinely putting away even small amounts.  If DNotes follows in bitcoin's footsteps... 900 bitcoin is over $200,000 - I'd say that's substantial!!

Shepherd

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2015, 03:27:01 AM »
This morning I worked up a spreadsheet to help me project what my faucet "retirement" account will look like once I can access the funds. Go ahead and open it. The rest of this post will make more sense if you can look at the spreadsheet.

The logic of the spreadsheet is as follows:

Twenty years can be divided up into 240 months. Each month the balance of the account earns interest of one percent. Another way to say this is that the balance gets multiplied by 1.01 each month. Each week I add a lump sum of all the DNotes I've gained from faucets in the previous week. Each lump sum of DNOtes is entered at the top of a "week" column. You can see the impact of monthly compounding interest by following that particular sum all the way to the bottom.

My very first lump sum of around 35 DNotes got put in at Month one, because I opened the account the same day I made the deposit. However, I opened up the account close to the end of the month, so it got paid interest right away. My second lump sum of around 52 DNotes got put in at Month two, because it will only get paid interest 239 times. Once interest gets paid on everything at the end of May, then every new lump sum will need to be entered at Month three. Over the years I'll lose some of the compounding value for new amounts.

To keep things simple I am not counting any of the earnings coming directly from DNotes faucets in this projection, because payouts could be multiple times a day depending on how aggressively I'm visiting the faucet. However, I did include one drip from the MultiFaucet (0.11 NOTE) just so I could see the impact of that one drip. I had to start this one on month two since I discovered the faucet after the first month's interest had been paid. However, I included the total it would have on Month 241 so you can see what the impact will be if you start your faucet collecting in month 1. The verdict is that at the end of 20 years, that drip of 0.11 NOTE will grow into 1.17 NOTE, a more than ten-fold increase. This will be true for each drip I collect from that faucet through the end of this month. Basically, whatever I add to my account this month is going to be worth over ten times the amount when I can access the funds :)

Once I set up my spreadsheet the way I wanted to, I went ahead and set up three more pages to simulate what my earnings would be in a 15 year, 10 year, and 5 year "retirement" account in the DNotes vault. At the beginning I could have just as easily opted for any one of those accounts. The interest rates are different for each account and I took that into account.

The most interesting number in my opinion is the running projected total towards the top which is in blue and is currently 944.14 NOTE. This tells me what my entire account will be worth at the end of its term if I were to stop with the deposits I've made so far. Again, it won't include any earnings or accumulation from faucets paying out directly in DNotes (other than that one drip I included). You can see how that number changes using the same deposits on the shorter term "retirement" accounts. Of course, the really big unknown is what DNotes will be "worth" in terms of US Dollars or other national currencies as well as what we understand today what US Dollars (and other national currencies) can buy. Having over 900 DNotes from faucets at the end of 20 years may represent substantial wealth, or it may not.

You can view the spreadsheet here. I hope you will find it a useful guide in determining if this is an experiment you'd like to do for yourself, and if so, which type of vault "retirement" account you should use. Note that at this time my faucet visiting is very aggressive. Your account's performance is going to depend on how much you are actually able to put into it, especially at the beginning. If you'd like a template in which you can fill out your own numbers, message me with an email address and I'll send you the original excel file.

Awesome job wiser!!  This represents something very important that a lot of people dismiss.  No matter what your budget is, it is possible to establish a healthy savings by routinely putting away even small amounts.  If DNotes follows in bitcoin's footsteps... 900 bitcoin is over $200,000 - I'd say that's substantial!!

Excellent work, wiser! Just want you to know that I appreciate your great efforts very much. Thanks.

wiser

• Will write for DNotes
    • View Profile
    • Creative Currencies
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2015, 06:24:15 PM »

And in this case it's costing me nothing but time to put these small amounts away. Part of this is the nature of cryptos themselves. You don't need any credit scores, no minimum balances, no account opening fees, transaction fees are negligible. All the websites I have to access to do this are free. I would say the only actual expenses involved here are the cost of my computer and ongoing Internet fees, and whatever it costs in electricity to run my computer--all of which I'm going to pay anyway. People who have their own computers and Internet connections, think of the time it takes to play this game as time that's going to take away from time spent playing FarmVille, Bejeweled Blitz or other similar online games. You could be growing virtual crops... or growing a crypto next egg :) For those who don't have their own computers, there are options, such as libraries and other public places where you can use a computer that's connected to the Internet for free. You'd have to be a very regular visitor, though :) Also, I've never tried it but some of these faucets may work on a smart phone too. Anyway, there are options...

Excellent work, wiser! Just want you to know that I appreciate your great efforts very much. Thanks.

Thanks for the kind words, Shepherd. I think the whole DNotes concept is brilliant. It will be fun to be a part of it as it develops further :)
Want to know what's going on in my little corner of the Cryptosphere? Check out my blog: Creative Currencies  Latest post: I can do it better with Bitcoin... or at least smaller

wiser

• Will write for DNotes
    • View Profile
    • Creative Currencies
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2015, 02:04:47 PM »
Monday is turning into Faucet payday for me. The faucets pay out at different times, but I try to log into my Poloniex account each Monday to deal with all the faucet deposits from the previous week. Today, my account estimated holdings come up to a bit more than a Dollar. But part of this is the Dogecoin I got last week which are still tied up in high sell orders.

Here are all the deposits themselves. As always I deleted the address. I also deleted three deposits which were not related to this game--I do use my Poloniex account to make other trades :)

The Dogecoin market is still stuck at 37 satoshis, so I just placed a buy order for my new Dogecoins for 61 satoshis and I'll keep waiting for both that one and the one I placed last week to fill. I'm also keeping an eye on the Dogecoin market. The main founder recently went public about leaving the Cryptospace due to other people's bad behavior. This may be the reason for the recent precipitous drop in the coin's price. I'm hoping the market is done responding to this bit of bad news, but watching just in case. I'm optimistic the price will recover which is why I'm waiting it out.

I decided to try to get a better price for my Litcoin earnings than market rate. I placed a sell order (this time no accidental buy orders) at 0.00602381 BTC.

You can find my sell order in the order book. It's the seventh one down. I'm not sure how long it will take to fill but I'll be checking it tomorrow.

Finally, I used my Bitcoin earnings to place my buy order for DNotes. I'm not sure if I'm reading things right, but it looks to me like more people are selling than buying DNotes, so I think I can successfully buy them way lower than market rate. I'll give it a try anyway, and check on it tomorrow. My buy order is second from the bottom of the order book.

To summarize what I've done today...

1. I placed a high sell order for my Dogecoins, and noted that last week's sell order still hasn't filled.
2. I placed a moderately high sell order for my Litecoins.
3. I placed a low buy order for DNotes using the Bitcoin I have so far.

Now I wait until tomorrow to log in again.

I want to give readers a sense of the discreet steps in this process because it occurred to me that perhaps there are people out there who would like to acquire DNotes who do not own their own computers, but who do have smartphones. In my day job I actually encounter this a lot--people have no email address but you can text them anytime.

It would be difficult to conduct the trades on a smartphone, though it may be possible. I've made trades on a different platform (the straight website, not an app) using a Tablet PC, so it may be possible here, but it's more difficult. I recommend going to some kind of public computer lab such as a library or Internet cafe to take care of the trading and also register for any faucets that require logging in. Once you set up all your accounts, I think you could get by with visiting the computer lab just once a week. Each time, you would place sell orders for any Litecoin and Dogecoin you have and buy orders for DNotes using Bitcoin that's in your account. When your DNote orders start filling, then you would add step four, which is to send your DNotes to your DNotes vault account.

Of the faucets I use, I've discovered that I can visit the following ones using my tablet PC, so I'm assuming it would be possible to also visit them with a smartphone. You can look for other faucets that work well for smartphones and visit those during the week (in between visits to the computer lab).

1.  Bitcoin Zebra - pays in Bitcoin; dispenses hourly
2.  Moon Bitcoin - pays in Bitcoin; dispenses every five minutes
3.  Moon Dogecoin - pays in Dogecoin; dispenses every five minutes
4.  Moon Litecoin - pays in Litecoin; dispenses every five minutes
5. CryptoBlox DNote faucet - pays in DNotes; dispenses hourly

With a little planning ahead I believe you could play this game with just your smartphone and weekly access to an Internet connected computer.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 02:13:36 PM by wiser »

wiser

• Will write for DNotes
    • View Profile
    • Creative Currencies
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2015, 02:27:51 PM »
When I logged into Poloniex this morning, none of my orders had filled. However, the Dogecoin market took a dramatic turn upwards. Look at the far right side of its chart now.

That picture says it all about why it is good to place a sell order at the price you want rather than at whatever happens to be the going rate at the time.

I did go ahead and sell about half of my Dogecoins at today's market price and left the other half to hopefully sell for 61 satoshis because in my experience that sudden a shift upwards tends to fall back down nearly as quickly, so in that case, selling at market rate is called profit taking. Still, I'm holding onto some for the price I truly want. In either case I will have done better than I would have by getting impatient and selling at the going rate of 37 satoshis yesterday.

There was an additional faucet deposit in the amount of 29,059 satoshis made this morning, so I'll go ahead and place a buy order for DNotes (same price as yesterday since the price is still trending downwards) and log out for the day. I'll take another look tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 02:30:37 PM by wiser »

wiser

• Will write for DNotes
    • View Profile
    • Creative Currencies
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2015, 05:57:35 PM »
My two buy orders for DNotes filled sometime in the last twenty-four hours, so this morning I was able to make my biggest deposit yet to my DNotes vault faucet "retirement" account. I know it can be a little bit nerve wracking to see the price of DNotes trending downwards especially if you're holding onto a lot of them, but for the purposes of this game, I'm totally loving it. I need to ask the DNotes team to maybe slow down a bit on the innovation so I can keep buying in at these bargain prices (just kidding!). But seriously, take advantage of these prices while they last :)

This picture shows my DNotes balance on Poloniex this morning.

Now you can see it has been sent to my DNotes vault account.

The slight difference in the two numbers is due to the transaction fee. Poloniex deducts 0.01 NOTE for every withdrawal. The other deposits are from two faucets which pay out directly in DNotes. These drips, while small, are not insignificant, and by the end of the month I will be accounting for their contributions as well.

I've updated my spreadsheet that projects what my earnings will be when I can cash out my account in twenty years, as well as what they would be in the 15, 10, and 5 year "retirement" accounts. This week's deposits brought my 20 year running total from around 944 DNotes to 1833 DNotes. I am only in week 3 of this game.

Neither my second Dogecoin, nor my Litecoin sell orders have filled, so I'll just leave them there until I come back and check on things again early next week. You can see that after yesterday's sudden DOGE price increase, it is starting to fall back down, so I'm really glad I took some profits yesterday and turned them into DNotes.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 06:02:22 PM by wiser »

wiser

• Will write for DNotes
    • View Profile
    • Creative Currencies
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2015, 11:28:27 PM »
Faucet payday on Poloniex showed my estimated holdings to be $1.10. This includes one DOGE sell order at 61 from the previous week which has still not filled.

All of the new faucet deposits are shown here:

I decided to sell all my new DOGE at market rate. It looks like the price has been holding steady at 48 satoshis for a while. I'm leaving the previous order at 61.

The price of Litecoin is doing a bit better than it was last week. Last week's high sell order filled.

I was going to sell this week's Litecoin at market rate, but found the price was moving around a lot, so I decided to place a sell order at higher than market rate and wait it out. I don't think it will take longer than overnight to fill.

The price of DNotes is still dropping. I placed a buy order for just above 4000 satoshis. I probably could go lower than that, but there's no telling exactly when the price of DNotes will shoot back up. With the way I'm trading faucet earnings every week, it makes sense to buy close to market rate each time and just follow the trend down. When the price recovers, I'll follow the trend back up. This is called dollar cost averaging and in the fiat investment world has been shown to be a more profitable long term strategy than trying to time the market to buy at the lowest price all the time. It certainly burns fewer brain cells, which definitely counts :)

Now I have two open sell orders (last week's Dogecoin and this week's Litecoin) and one open buy order (all the Bitcoin faucet earnings trading for DNotes). At this point I just need to log out and check back again in a day or two.

If I wasn't pausing to take all the screen shots you can see in this post, logging in, placing all my orders, then logging out would have taken me less than five minutes. I expect that when I log in tomorrow or the day after, today's order for DNotes will have filled, so I'll just have to send those DNotes to my vault account, and then place any additional buy orders if either my DOGE or LTC orders filled. That will also take about five minutes except for the fact that I'm taking all these screen shots.

I mention this not to complain about how much time it takes to take screen shots (it's really not that bad), but just to say that if you are reading these posts and thinking this is way too time consuming for me, please keep in mind that once you get the hang of it, the trading portion of this game is a matter of between five and fifteen minutes a week depending on how often you log in to your trading platform. It's taking me way longer to take pictures and write about this activity than it takes to actually do it.

As for the faucet visiting, you decide how much time you're going to spend at it. My faucet visiting is getting a bit more consolidated and less frequent. This is likely to result in fewer earnings but will also make it more likely I'll stick with it long term.

wiser

• Will write for DNotes
    • View Profile
    • Creative Currencies
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2015, 01:49:28 PM »
Both my Litecoin and my DNotes orders filled last night.

I placed another buy order for DNotes, this time at a much lower price, as the price is still dropping. I now have two open orders--the same old Dogecoin sell order and the new DNotes buy order.

I sent my 80 (and change) new DNotes to my DNotes vault faucet "retirement" account.

This brings my balance up to over 258 DNotes!

According to my spreadsheet, this brings my running total up to 2697.11 DNotes when the account matures in twenty years.

wiser

• Will write for DNotes
    • View Profile
    • Creative Currencies
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2015, 05:38:56 AM »
I did pretty well on faucet earnings this past week. My Poloniex holdings were valued at $1.53. This included about 12 DNotes that I'd purchased last week and my 61 satoshi Dogecoin sell order which finally filled. It also includes a minuscule amount of Bitmark--someone sent me some love in the trollbox the other day.

The Dogecoin price has plateaued at 58 satoshis for the time being so I just sold my new Dogecoins at market rate.

The Litecoin price has shot up recently and when I tried to sell my Litecoin, the price was jumping around a lot. I put in a sell order at 0.0078 BTC and expect it to fill within twenty-four hours.

The DNotes price has also shot up recently. I decided to place a buy order at a bit less than market rate, but not too much because I didn't want to miss out on buying something if the price shot up some more.

This left me with two open orders--one to sell my Litecoin and one to buy the bulk of my DNotes this week.

I did not have to wait more than a few hours for my DNotes buy order to fill. In retrospect I probably could have gotten away with an even lower buy order as the price is falling back down a bit. On the other hand, knowing that the DNotes team just added CRISPs for employees and has a press release about it going out early next week, I think buying quickly was a good decision. Between the DNotes I picked up last week and today's purchase, I now have over 97 DNotes to send to my vault account.

And off to the vault they go...

And here they are in the vault.

When I added this latest DNotes Vault deposit into my spreadsheet it brought my running total up to 3773.95 DNotes.

I found some new faucets that I wanted to share. I'm not using the new ones for this activity, but wanted to at least get the word out about them.

Farm Satoshi--a simple farming game where the game currency is satoshis, and you can cash them out. Lots of fun to play. It says you need a Xapo wallet, but you can cash out to any BTC address of your choice.
We Love BTC--pays out varying amounts of BTC hourly
Weekend Bitcoin--usually pays out 1000 satoshis hourly but runs bonuses on weekends
Faucet of America--pays 1000, 2500, or 5000 satoshis hourly
BTC Faucet US--pays varying amounts (including a rare jackpot of 80,000 satoshis) hourly
The Bitcoin Sheep--pays 1000, 1500, or 10000 satoshis hourly
Art Bitcoin--pays between 500 and 1500 satoshis hourly
Play Bitcoin--pays 200 satoshis every ten minutes with some bonuses

I have to put in a caveat about faucets. The reason the faucet sites can give you little bits of Bitcoin (or other cryptos) is because they sell advertising space based on traffic. You're part of the traffic and you are motivated to go to the site because of the payout. Taking a quick glance around the site to see what's advertised is a great way to support the site, and you might find something you're looking for that way.

With that said, there are certain kinds of ads you should generally ignore. One type of ad worth ignoring in particular is anything claiming it can double or triple your money in some super short period of time. It might also claim to give you five or ten percent interest per day or per week. Those kinds of interest rates really are too good to be true. The reason given for the insanely high profits may be trading, mining, or super secret financial wizardry (sometimes even based on scientific research). Unfortunately, those interest rates aren't realistic either in the fiat or crypto world. Sites promising to deliver them are usually some version of a Ponzi scheme, which means at some point the scheme will collapse and you won't be able to withdraw any funds. So, just ignore them. Don't even go there. To give you some perspective, after over two years in the cryptosphere myself, I think I may have finally found a legitimate, sustainable and low risk way to grow my Bitcoins. I hope to publish a guide about it shortly. The interest rate I'm getting at the moment is just over 14 percent a year. It may or may not last. I personally would be skeptical of anything offering a higher rate of return than that.

Another type of ad that I wouldn't give much credence to is anything claiming to be a mining contract. In my experience mining contracts are rarely profitable and often turn out to either be Ponzi schemes from the beginning or simply close down due to lack of profitability. There are some exceptions, but you really have to know what you're doing. If you don't know the ins and outs of Bitcoin and Scrypt mining your chances of profiting off a mining contract are very low.

A third type of ad I personally ignore is anything having to do with paid gambling. I do not gamble my cryptocoins on purpose and I don't recommend it. Some gambling sites have a free section which functions like a faucet and I'll stick to that section if I go to the site at all. Obviously, each one has to decide for him or herself on this issue. If you're not planning to gamble your Bitcoins from the beginning, though, make sure you're not getting pulled into it against your better judgment. There are tons of crypto gambling sites out there and they advertise heavily.

I'm finding that faucets have gotten extremely competitive by offering more and more generous drips. You've seen from these posts how I can consistently rake in over a Dollar's worth a week just by visiting nine or ten of them on a regular basis. In some parts of the world that represents a lot of money. Also, when you use those earnings to buy a cryptocoin you expect will appreciate considerably over the next few years, such as DNotes (and I make no guarantees of this, just sharing my personal expectation), then those earnings could turn out to be quite significant down the road. It certainly could be worth the time and effort. However, you want to stay focused. Visit the faucets for the earnings and don't get too distracted by the ads. Avoid taking any action on the ads that are likely to be for Ponzi schemes and you should do fine.

I just wanted to share this because I've noticed that there are a lot of ads on faucet sites which if heeded would take you in a different direction than what I'm trying to accomplish through my own faucet visits.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 05:10:19 PM by wiser »

wiser

• Will write for DNotes
    • View Profile
    • Creative Currencies
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2015, 11:26:54 PM »
Before I get into what I did with this past week's faucet earnings, I want to point out that each month as soon as the DNotes Vault pays out interest on all the retirement CRISPs, I will be totaling up all the DNotes faucet drips going directly into my Faucet "retirement" account. There are two DNotes faucets that I know about. One of them drips every twelve hours, but I usually only collect from it once a day. The other one drips every hour and I'll collect from it anywhere from once to multiple times a day. The drips are small but not insignificant, especially when taken over the course of a month's worth of aggressive faucet claiming. As you can see from the "Month 2 Drips" column on my projection spreadsheet, all the DNotes faucet drips in May (minus one drip of 0.11 NOTE which I put in its own column earlier on) added up to 11.71 NOTE. If you scroll down to the end of the column, you will see that in twenty years when I can cash out this account that month's collection of faucet drips will grow to over 125 NOTE. I conducted the same projection for those drips in the other three type of retirement CRISP accounts.

Let's say you're reading this thread and you're sitting on the fence about whether or not you want to try to collect DNotes from faucets to save up for the future. Let's say you've read all my posts about trading Dogecoin and Litecoin into Bitcoin and then trading Bitcoin into DNotes, and you're thinking that is way too complicated. Fair enough. You can skip all the trading by simply setting up a DNotes Vault retirement CRISP account, then visiting the two DNotes faucets regularly using your CRISP address. These drips will be deposited directly into your retirement CRISP and you don't have to even glance at your account again unless you want to. You just have to keep visiting the DNotes faucets.

Today is the first of the month, which means all the Retirement CRISPs paid out interest today. My faucet CRISP earned 3.61 NOTE in interest today. I should point out that this amount is already significantly higher than any individual faucet claim I could make (other than winning some kind of rare faucet jackpot). If I do nothing more to fund this account, each month for nearly the next twenty years I will get a deposit of DNotes that is greater than what I can pick up from any one faucet visit.

The next picture shows all the faucet deposits from the previous week into my Poloniex account. They amounted to over 0.002 BTC. I don't have a picture for the approximate USD value because at the moment I have some funds that are unrelated to this little project sitting in my account and messing up my faucet totals.

I sold off my DOGE at market rate.

I put in a limit sell order for my Litecoin. A limit sell order is a sell order at a higher than market price. I'm waiting on that one to fill.

I then used my BTC to place a limit buy order for DNotes. A limit buy order is a buy order at a lower than market price. I'm waiting on it to fill as well.

I have two open orders waiting to be filled--the Litecoin sell order and the DNotes buy order. I expect both to fill by tomorrow, or maybe even in the next few hours. Once I have my DNotes I'll send them over to the DNotes Vault.

I won't see the impact until next week, but I do know that already this week my faucet claiming has slowed way down. I think faucet fatigue is a very real phenomenon in the cryptoworld and it hits people who are working very hard claiming from faucets for an extended period of time. There comes a point where you just get tired of it. Also, faucet claiming can be quite time consuming if you are visiting a lot of them, and at times that has to give way to real life. The key is to find the balance where you are still claiming regularly but it's not so much that you burn out completely. There is a limit to how many Captchas one can (or would want to) solve in any given period of time. On the bright side, all the faucet claiming I've already done is going to compound monthly at twelve percent annual interest for the next twenty years minus two months. If I stopped everything I will be able to cash out 3,860.99 NOTE, and that is not counting any DNotes I buy today.

For those who are inclined, there are a couple variations of this game that I thought about which would be interesting to have someone try. The first variation I already mentioned, and that is to just collect from the two DNotes faucets having the drips deposit directly to a retirement CRISP address.

The second variation is to transfer all Bitcoin, Litecoin and Dogecoin earnings to the Poloniex lending account, then lend those funds out to margin traders, and then use the interest generated to ultimately buy DNotes which then get sent to a retirement CRISP. It would take at least several months of aggressive faucet claiming for the interest generated to be enough to buy DNotes. You can lend out as little as 0.001 BTC and the daily rates are close to 0.1 percent, even better for DOGE, so the ability to buy DNotes with the lending fees could happen sooner than one might expect. If anyone decides to try this, please let me know. I would be very curious about how it would turn out. Since I'm already using other funds to lend to margin traders I'm not going to be doing this for my retirement faucet as it will be too difficult to keep the funds separate. To learn more about how lending funds to margin traders works, please check out this guide I wrote.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 11:32:48 PM by wiser »

wiser

• Will write for DNotes
    • View Profile
    • Creative Currencies
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2015, 02:22:21 PM »
All my open orders from yesterday filled. My Litecoin order filled almost immediately so yesterday I was able to place a second smaller limit order for DNotes at the same price as the main order. As you can see those filled as well.

I sent all the newly purchased DNotes to my vault account.

And you can see they arrived.

My faucet "retirement" CRISP now has a grand total of 414.87 DNotes.

This brings my running total up to 4380.20 DNotes that I will be able to cash out in twenty years. If you look at the spreadsheet, you will notice that this latest deposit got entered on month three because month two bonuses were paid yesterday. Its first bonus earning will take place in month three.

I'm going to keep this going, as in I will at least once a day or several times a week, visit the highest paying faucets I've been using, so each week I should be able to keep buying a small amount of DNotes to add to my faucet "retirement" CRISP. However, I think in the short time that I've been doing this, I've proven that it is possible to start and accumulate a substantial DNotes nest egg just from faucets. How long this will be true will depend on both the price of Bitcoin and the price of DNotes. According to the DNotes team, DNotes as a currency is currently undervalued. That's another way of saying that now is the time to buy DNotes. If the price of DNotes relative to Bitcoin increases substantially, then it will be tougher to add significant amounts from faucets. On the other hand, Bitcoin faucets are likely to pay better and better due to extreme competition for visitors.

Obviously there are a lot of factors impacting how successful a project like this will be. However, my personal recommendation is for everyone to start a 20 year "retirement" CRISP funded by faucet visits, and to start it sooner rather than later. I would especially recommend this to anyone who is not setting aside DNotes into a 20 year "retirement" CRISP already. If you don't have the funds to invest in a "retirement" CRISP right now, then use the faucets. It may not seem like much, but as I've shown it can easily turn into several thousand DNotes at the end of the CRISP's life. We don't know today what that will mean in terms of value 20 years from now. My hope is that by that time DNotes will be priced at a hundred or a thousand times what they are today. But even if DNotes were to maintain its same price, a twenty year "retirement" CRISP will multiply everything you put into it the first year ten times. This compounding will happen while you're busy doing other things.

In conclusion, I can't think of any good reasons to not do this. If you visit the two DNotes faucets I mentioned yesterday at least daily, and you pick out three or four of the top paying Bitcoin faucets (dispensing at least 1000 satoshis in one drip) and visit them at least daily or several times a day, then use the proceeds to buy DNotes which get deposited into a 20 year "retirement" CRISP, then within a few months you too will have started a nice little DNotes nest egg which will in twenty years be worth at the very least ten times what you put into it the first year.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 02:26:14 PM by wiser »

Chase

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2015, 01:05:40 AM »

Hi wiser,

The Moon Bitcoin and Moon Litecoin faucets are a good solution for people who don't have a lot of time.    I remember you saying that you weren't sure if you got more if you visited the faucets more often or if you just let it build up and collected it once a week or so.  Have you noticed yet whether or not you get more? I tried it a couple of times after several days and it had built up to a good size amount for a faucet payout.  I'm thinking either way, it's a good faucet.  Someone could check in once a week (Saturday for a Sunday payout) and probably get enough in a week or two to buy a few DNotes.

wiser

• Will write for DNotes
    • View Profile
    • Creative Currencies
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2015, 05:42:30 AM »

Hi wiser,

The Moon Bitcoin and Moon Litecoin faucets are a good solution for people who don't have a lot of time.    I remember you saying that you weren't sure if you got more if you visited the faucets more often or if you just let it build up and collected it once a week or so.  Have you noticed yet whether or not you get more? I tried it a couple of times after several days and it had built up to a good size amount for a faucet payout.  I'm thinking either way, it's a good faucet.  Someone could check in once a week (Saturday for a Sunday payout) and probably get enough in a week or two to buy a few DNotes.

They are indeed very good faucets, but the rate at which the claim amount accumulates between visits is not linear. It slows down substantially the longer you wait to claim. People who don't have a lot of time for faucet claiming could do fairly well visiting the Moon faucets once a day; just once a week would be rather disappointing.

This screen shot from Moon Bitcoin's website shows how the claim amounts work right now. Although the claim amount will still increase up to four weeks from the last claim, the faucet is still set up to reward frequent visits the most.

wiser

• Will write for DNotes
    • View Profile
    • Creative Currencies
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2015, 05:00:42 PM »
Today my estimated holdings from faucet earnings came out to 45 cents. I did not visit faucets as much last week as I did starting out. This is probably a more realistic picture of faucet earnings for someone with a busy life.

Here are all the deposits.

I sold off all my Dogecoin and Litecoin at market rate.

Then I placed a limit buy order for DNotes. The price of DNotes is trending upwards, but I love to pick mine up at a discount. You can compare the price I named to the lowest ask price.

Here's a summary of the sales I made and my open DNotes order.

I'll check back tomorrow to see if my DNotes buy order has filled. I'm hoping to pick up 31 more DNotes from last week's faucet claiming. Even though it's less than what I've been able to do in previous weeks it's still significant. My more sporadic faucet claiming is still getting me DNotes.

wiser

• Will write for DNotes
    • View Profile
    • Creative Currencies
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2015, 02:05:32 AM »
My DNotes buy order filled two days ago.

So it got sent off to the DNotes Vault...

...and arrived safe and sound...

...bringing my total balance to 448 DNotes.

This brings my running total of what I will be able to cash out in twenty years to 4716.17 NOTE.

* Share Topic

Share via twitter