Return to CryptoMoms.com
Welcome, Guest!!

Looking for our CRISP for Kids program? Click here!

Author Topic: The DNotes Vault Part II: more than an online wallet  (Read 715 times)

wiser

• Will write for DNotes
    • View Profile
    • Creative Currencies
The DNotes Vault Part II: more than an online wallet
« on: May 21, 2015, 01:51:12 AM »
Once you have gotten acquainted with the DNotes Vault basic wallet features, it is time to appreciate and make use of a few features which make the DNotes Vault so much more than a wallet.

If you have a DNotes Vault account, odds are good that you either have one or more children, need to save up for retirement, or are yourself a student. You could fit all three of these criteria.

The CRypto Investment Savings Plans (CRISPs): How the DNotes team wants to give you DNotes
Have you ever signed up for an online wallet where the provider deposits coin into your account? If you have a DNotes Vault account, then you just did. However, the process is not entirely automatic. You have to request the coin in some very specific ways.

Enter CRypto Investment Savings Plans, or CRISPs. These are savings vehicles right inside the vault which not only make it easy and fun for you to save DNotes for the future, but which also reward you for doing so. I will present them in the order they were rolled out by the DNotes team.

1. CRISP for Kids This is a unique address you create specifically for a child whose future you want to invest in. Once you have logged into your vault account, create a new address and label it with your child's name or nickname--something that will identify it with your child. The [Create Address] button is located underneath your list of accounts in the dashboard view. Click on it, enter your label, hit [Create] and you're done.

Once you've created an address for your child, use the address to fund it with some DNotes.

Next, register a user ID on this forum, and add a post to the Kids with a CRISP thread by clicking on the [Reply] button at the end of the thread. In your post, be sure to include a nickname and birthday for your child and your child's address. This formally registers your child's CRISP address. The DNotes team occasionally hosts giveaways for all the registered CRISPs for Kids, so your child may get a "present" from time to time.

Add more DNotes to your child's CRISP address at regular intervals :)

2. Retirement CRISP This is a special account you create under the [Retirement] tab. You lock up your DNotes for the duration of the account and accumulate monthly interest on the balance. You can create accounts which last for five, ten, fifteen, or twenty years with monthly interests ranging from 0.7 to 1.0 percent.

To create your account, click on the [Create Address] button. This will bring up a dialog box which allows you to choose a five, ten, fifteen, or twenty year account and give it a label. Check the box to agree with the terms and you're good to go.

Once you've created the account, use its address to fund it with some DNotes. Your account will accrue its monthly bonus on the first of each month following account creation. Bonus payments are denoted with a plus sign.

You can create as many "retirement" accounts as you want. Although the DNotes Vault uses the word "retirement" to describe this CRISP, the truth is there are no enforceable limitations on what you choose to do with the funds once they are released. In practice it functions like a super high interest bearing bank CD, except that you can deposit funds throughout the life of the account and you can log in and check your earnings any time.

The Retirement CRISPs take advantage of the power of compound interest to help your DNotes balances grow. This spreadsheet which tracks the progress of my retirement CRISP funded entirely by faucet drips shows projected growth for various small amounts of DNotes in each type of account. In the twenty-year retirement CRISP, any amounts deposited during the first year will grow tenfold by the time the account closes and releases the DNotes. This means that if you deposit 100 DNotes sometime during the first year, those 100 DNotes will grow to around 1000 DNotes in twenty years.

If you plan to buy and hold DNotes, it makes a lot of sense to at least put them into a five year retirement CRISP so that your balance can grow during that holding period. Do understand that a request for early withdrawal may forfeit monthly bonus funds.

3. CRISP for Students If you are a student then you are eligible for the CRISP for Students program. For a limited time when you register you will receive 100 DNotes deposited to your DNotes Vault account, followed by ten more each month until you have received 500.

To register for this program, first open a DNotes Vault account. Then complete the simple form to register for CRISP for Students. Be sure to use the same email address you used to register your vault account. You will need to also provide your name, school, course of study and country. After you click on the [Submit] button, log into your DNotes vault and you should see the initial deposit of 100 DNotes in your dashboard.

It is highly recommended that you supplement this initial deposit of 100 DNotes with some DNotes of your own. If you are anticipating the need to pay tuition or student loans five or more years into the future, you can also transfer your Student CRISP DNotes into an interest bearing retirement CRISP.

4. CRISP for Employees This is the next CRISP to be rolled out by the DNotes team, possibly as early as next week. I will update this guide once I know the details of this program. Stay tuned...

5. CRISP for Charity This program is also coming soon.

As you can see, the DNotes Vault is more than a simple online wallet for your DNotes. It comes with a number of different CRypto Investment Savings Plans (CRISPs) and is backed by a most generous development team. Start funding your DNotes Vault account today by participating in the CRISP that is right for you.

Found this tutorial helpful? Tip my DNotes vault: DoQA9sja4vzPwV2MtuNweCh1miw5qHF2xc
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 04:22:05 AM by wiser »
Want to know what's going on in my little corner of the Cryptosphere? Check out my blog: Creative Currencies  Latest post: I can do it better with Bitcoin... or at least smaller

* Share Topic

Share via twitter