Return to CryptoMoms.com
Welcome, Guest!!

Looking for our CRISP for Kids program? Click here!

Author Topic: Need a cheap place to retire  (Read 1019 times)

BC

• View Profile
Need a cheap place to retire
« on: February 18, 2016, 07:02:09 PM »

No options, I will be forced to move when I retire. I'm living in a stupidly expensive city where the avg house price is over a million. Good job, but can't get ahead. Nothing holding me here so I could leave now and go to any country. Like to hear your thoughts.

Chase

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Need a cheap place to retire
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 09:31:00 PM »

No options, I will be forced to move when I retire. I'm living in a stupidly expensive city where the avg house price is over a million. Good job, but can't get ahead. Nothing holding me here so I could leave now and go to any country. Like to hear your thoughts.

Hi BC and welcome to CryptoMoms.

There are a lot of things to consider when considering a move like that, and not knowing more about your desired lifestyle, makes it tough to narrow a place down. Do you prefer city life, small town living, or life on a beach? Do you require all the modern amenities we have all grown accustomed to? Will you need to work at all, or is this total retirement? For me, safety as well as the stability of a country would be a huge issue.

This article list some of the most affordable places to live in the world, but the recommendations would be for those who more adventurous.

9 Achingly Beautiful Places To Live For Dirt Cheap.

http://www.lifebuzz.com/see-the-world/

Shepherd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 10:58:51 PM »

Hi BC and welcome to CryptoMoms.

There are a lot of things to consider when considering a move like that, and not knowing more about your desired lifestyle, makes it tough to narrow a place down. Do you prefer city life, small town living, or life on a beach? Do you require all the modern amenities we have all grown accustomed to? Will you need to work at all, or is this total retirement? For me, safety as well as the stability of a country would be a huge issue.

This article list some of the most affordable places to live in the world, but the recommendations would be for those who more adventurous.

9 Achingly Beautiful Places To Live For Dirt Cheap.

http://www.lifebuzz.com/see-the-world/

Great link. There are many "Beautiful Places To Live For Dirt Cheap". The strength of the US $ will stretch your money even more.

Chase

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 04:42:06 PM »

I haven't checked through the entire list, but 50 options is a lot of possibilities...

50 Affordable Places to Buy a Retirement Home in 2016

http://money.usnews.com/money/retirement/slideshows/50-affordable-places-to-buy-a-retirement-home-in-2016/1

Chase

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 11:14:15 PM »

Judging by some of the places on the list, keep in mind that these are cheap places to retire, NOT necessarily great places to retire.  ;)

These Are the 50 Cheapest Countries to Live

http://time.com/money/4229754/cheapest-countries-to-live/?

Chase

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 08:10:14 PM »

This is a list of the best places to retire in 2016. Some of the places have been mentioned in the other articles, so if two authors say it's great...

The World’s Best Places To Retire In 2016

https://internationalliving.com/2016/01/the-best-places-to-retire-2016/

indiamikezulu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 12:36:04 AM »
There's a semi-abandoned blue-gum plantation opposite me. If you took cash to the company that owns it, you'd get it cheap. About a thousand acres, with dams. To the south, fifty miles to the next dwelling.

Mark

Chase

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 03:14:25 AM »
There's a semi-abandoned blue-gum plantation opposite me. If you took cash to the company that owns it, you'd get it cheap. About a thousand acres, with dams. To the south, fifty miles to the next dwelling.

Mark

Sounds good to me! :)

* Share Topic

Share via twitter